Friday 6 September 2013

My Love Affair... with Hair Products



I previously outlined my regimen here. Now let me tell you about the products I have been utilising in this regimen. First off, I must mention that living in Japan has denied me access to the barrage of products others have access to. 90% of my products are ordered from online shops and sometimes I pay A LOT for shipping so I take a minimalist approach to products, well I try to anyway. 

These are they: 

Pre poo - Grape seed oil, Extra Virgin coconut oil, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing conditioner (LOVE!), and/or Tresseme Moisture Rich conditioner. 

Shampoo - Clarifying - ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo (my hair LOVES this stuff). Regular shampoo - Nature's Gate and Burt"s Bees shampoos (sulfate-free). I use whichever type I happen to have on hand or Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair. 

Deep Conditioner - I have tried a host of these, but I'm currently using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing conditioner (also used in my pre poos), Queen Helene Cholesterol and LeKair Cholesterol Plus (lovely on my new growth). These are very moisturizing to my hair. For a bit of protein, I use ORS Replenishing conditioner, Hair Mayonnaise or Hair Repair Nourishing Conditioner. My hair loves the ORS brand. Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor is also a hair love of mine. 

Conditioner - For some reason, I haven't found a rinse out conditioner that I'm absolutely in love with :-( For now I go back and forth between Tresseme Moisture rich conditioner and Mane and Tail Moisturizer - Texturizer.  

Leave-in Conditioner - When my hair will be done in a straight style I grab my Aphogee Keratin and Green Tea Reconstructurizer, otherwise I go for Cantu Shea Butter (in love with it).

For moisturizing a straight style, I use ORS Hair Repair Intense Moisture Creme and for non-straight ones I use some Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Finishing Lotion and seal with an oil of my choice.

In oil treatments I utilize a plethora of oils including extra virgin olive oil(EVOO), grapeseed oil, coconut oil, castor oil, henna oil, avocado oil, argan oil, and Jojoba oil. My favorites though are EVOO, coconut and argan oil. I also love peppermint, and tea tree oils which are essential oils. 

Since my hair journey, I have used 2 relaxers: Motions and ORS Lye Relaxer. I got really different results from each. Motions gave me really wavy hair (so I decided to be "texlaxed") but then ORS Lye Relaxer left me with really straight hair :-\ I don't know which I like better... 

For protective styles, I'd say wigs hands down. They are just so easy! My low manipulation style of choice is definitely a top bun. 

I’m not a product junkie by any stretch (at least I don't think so), but I love trying new products to see how they affect my hair, so my loves may very well change with time.


PS. I order my oils, vitamins as well as some natural hair products from here. Their prices are pretty reasonable + you can use my discount code:  IWU668 to save up to $10 or your order.

What tools or products have you been in love with lately?


 XOXO, Abbi

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?

share: