Saturday 12 October 2013

Been So Long! - Routine After 6 weeks of Protective Styling #2

Click here for part one.

Cleansing, Conditioning & Styling

After about 4 hours of detangling and pre-pooing (I threw a workout in the mix as well which lengthened the time a bit), I still wasn't done! I still had to complete the routine. I had to shampoo, condition and style! Being that this is the first time I had full access to my hair after 6 weeks and as per operation moisture, a clarifying wash was in order. I reached for my beloved ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo and diluted it in water in a ratio of about 1 part shampoo to 2 parts water. I applied it to my scalp and hair without rinsing my pre-poo. I scrubbed my scalp with the pads of my fingers and then pulled the excess suds down the shaft. I let it sit for about 5 minutes and rinsed.

I T-shirt dried for about 20 minutes while I had dinner (again with the multi-tasking lol). Subsequent to that, I applied my wonderful mixture of a deep conditioner. I keeping with my no protein plan, this mix included Queen Helene Cholesterol (which I recently discovered doesn't contain any protein - hallelujah!), Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose, EVOO, vegetable glycerin and of course WATER! I don't know why, but I totally forgot my essential oils.


I applied this in four sections, then I covered with a plastic cap. Usually, at this point I'd put on my twisty turby and call it a night, but since I had somewhere to be pretty early the following day, I sat under my hooded dryer for about 40 minutes after which I again moved to the shower for my final rinse and detangling session. Before rinsing though, I used the cool and seal method. During the final rinse, my hair was easily combed through even though I am 11 weeks post. The stream of the shower is really good at aiding in detangling. After rinsing, I applied a bit of Tresseme Moisture Rich as my leave-in and braided my hair in four sections. 


I sealed with a little EVOO, then tied my hair in a scarf and went to bed. The next morning, my braids were still a bit damp but I loosened them anyway, fluffed them a bit and let them dry that way. My hair was soft and fluffy and I really enjoyed this braid-out.



Here endeth this epistle detailing my wash day after 6 weeks of protective styling at 11 weeks post.

How did your wash day go down this time around?

XOXO,
Abbi  

4 comments :

What are your thoughts?

share: