Saturday 5 October 2013

Going All the Way - Holistic Approach to Beauty


As the hair and nails are the last to receive nutrients from the body, if we want healthy hair, we must step up our game when it comes to our overall health. As a matter of fact, regardless if there is a desire for healthy luscious hair or not, one should not neglect health and wellness.

Personally, I take a holistic approach to beauty. All things seem to tie in with each other, be it gorgeous hair, long, strong nails, glowing skin or a small waist. It starts with the premise that what you put in is what you will get out, both literally and figuratively.

Here are a few of the things I incorporate in my beauty regimen/ lifestyle:

  • Clean eating - While there are days when I have a "happy meal" (not from McDonalds!!), typically, I try to have about 5 small balanced meals each day, which consist of food in it's natural form or as close as possible (limiting processed foods). Some of my preferred ingredients include rolled oats, whole wheat bread, eggs, chicken, fish, sweet potatoes, vegetables (especially leafy greens), and fruits.  I also enjoy various kinds of shakes.




  • Supplements - To make up for what I lack in my diet, I take a daily multivitamin. I also take biotin for my hair, skin and nails. My nails have never been this strong and long before my biotin habit.



  • Water - This simple ingredient is important for so many things! So I try to get at least 2l each day.



  • Regular exercise - This has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Sometimes I take "breaks" from working out, but for the most part, I'm in the gym at least 5 times each week. I am currently in "no days off" mode.




Finally, 3 other key ingredients are, corny as it may sound, the correct mindset, consistency and patience. You have to want the change, put in work, and stick it through until you are able to see results, because results WILL come.

XOXO,
Abbi

2 comments :

  1. I'm on the same plan as you. Its only been a month, but I'm confident that my hair, skin and body will reap the benefits of this hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure will Kim. It really is hard work but the benefits are plenty! Keep it up.

      Delete

What are your thoughts?

share: