Wednesday 16 October 2013

Left Me Wanting More - Aubrey Honeysuckle Rose Conditiioner

Honeysuckle Rose® Moisturizing Conditioner 11oz

As per the manufacturer:


For Dry, Brittle Hair

The sweet smell of success for your hair. Trade those dry, thirsty tresses for vibrant, touchably soft hair with this moisture-intensive conditioner. Restorative herbal emollients detangle and rehydrate to leave hair ultra-silky and irresistibly fragrant. Also recommended for bleached or highlighted hair.


FEATURES:
Organic Shea Butter & Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Oils Organic Aloe VeraHoneysuckle Oil


BENEFITS:
Deep-condition & protect; soften hair texture
Replenishes moisture
Adds a soft, floral scent


INGREDIENTS INCI: Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) extract, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, glycerin, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, rosa rubignosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) seed oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, tocopheryl acetate, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, melissa officinalis (balm mint) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, angelica archangelica extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, magnolia biondii flower extract, ascorbic acid. *Organic




My Thoughts:



Appearance

This is a thick, white, silky-looking conditioner, with a faint floral smell which is quite pleasant. This conditioner isn't runny and greasy which concerned me at first as I thought it wouldn't provide much slip or make my hair manageable. It comes in a bottle, not a jar, so you are able to squeeze just enough for each use.

Performance

To be frank, when I first used this conditioner as a deep conditioner, I was not impressed. It did nothing for my hair. It sank in pretty well, but my hair kinda just ate it up and was still hungry :-\ One day however, I combined it with a few natural oils and left it in my hair overnight as a pre-poo and boy was I in love the following day. My hair felt soft, moisturized and ready for the wash day. Since then, I have always added oils to this conditioner and used it as a pre-poo and/ or deep conditioner. I have even used it as a daily moisturizer. For my hair, this conditioner works best when combined with other oils, water, humectants, and/ or conditioners. I'd say that it does exactly what it says it does: Deep-condition & protect; soften hair texture, replenishes moisture, and adds a soft, floral scent.

Value

I purchased this product from iHerb.com for $9.29 (I've gotten it for $6.00 before. iHerb discount code: IWU668) . It's a tad bit expensive but it does last me quite some time (maybe because I usually combine it with other products) so I'd say it's worth the buy.

This has been the main conditioner that I have been using to rid myself of dry, protein-overloaded hair and so far so good.

Have you ever tried Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose? What are your thoughts on it?

XOXO,
Abbi

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?

share: