Sunday 1 December 2013

Jazz it Up a Little - Clear Rinse

I am really ready to get these next 3 weeks over with so I can get to enjoying my break and my hair.

One of the things I'm excited about, besides relaxing and seeing my progress, is trying out a clear sinse. I looked back into my hair journey and noted that at the very start, it made my wishlist. I guess I forgot about that through the course, but thanks to some lovely bloggers, I have been reminded and my curiosity once again sparked. 



Ebony of Longing for length did a recent post about clear rinses which really got me excited. She also directed me to another which is a comparison of a few good brands of clear rinses, and it was super helpful.

The online shop from which I make my lump-sum hair purchases, does not have the clear rinse from the winning brand - Adore Shining semi-permanent color, but they do have the next best - Jazzing. (yayy) I threw it in my shopping cart and I"m impatiently awaiting delivery.

I intend to use the product on relaxer day after all the relaxing, shampooing, protein and conditioning treatment. It'll be the last rinse so it can lock in all the goodness that has come before it. The clear rinse is said to correct porosity, reduce frizz, and lock in moisture, leaving your hair feeling silky smooth.

I hope it lives up to the hype. Jen of Just grow already and Yhaya of Pocahontas Hair Care Secrets also testified to the benefits of clear rinsing. You can find the posts here and here.

Of course I'll keep you posted about my results when the time comes.

Have you ever done a clear rinse? what are your thoughts?

XOXO,
Abbi

8 comments :

  1. this is an interesting concept.. maybe I should try this. My hair could definitely do with a moisture boost and great seal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I hear, it doesn't actually provide any moisture to your strands, but it will certainly seal it in if you do a good moisture treatment prior.

      Delete
  2. i've had a rinse done once at the hairdressers for the exact reasons you mentioned above.
    my hair was a lot shinier and felt smooth to the touch but the lady put in a colour that didn't match my hair.
    i'll definitely look into clear rinses!

    :)
    vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Vanessa. I had a crimson rinse once pre hair journey, and I remember it gave my hair life. The clear rinse is the very same thing just without the color so I'm game. Who knows I may even try a colored rinse again haha

      Delete
  3. i used to see these all the time but I've never tried one. I definitely might over my holiday break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Let's all have shiny, silky, smooth christmas hair. I hope you will post about it if you do :-)

      Delete
  4. I've read all those posts on clear rinses and now this one. I think I'll definitely be trying it at my next relaxer day. Hopefully I won't forget again. It just sound great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many of us will be trying it out. I hope it works! lol

      Delete

What are your thoughts?

share: