Tuesday 11 March 2014

You Make Me Feel Like I am Young Again - HOTW

This week's style is one that I used to rock the shi* out of when I was in high school. My sister (Heyy Racquel!) used to sit me down and do this to the upper 1/2 of my head and then 2 strand flat twist the back for an awesome braid-out, which would last me a week. Of course at that time I cared nothing about retention, I just wanted to look cute for school. Fast forward a couple of years and here I am using the very same style (minus the braid-out) for a protective style to get ahead on my hair journey.

HOTW - Young Again


How To:
  • Cornrow or flat-twist the front half of your hair in any design you fancy
  • Make a ponytail at the back of your head excluding the length of the braids
  • Criss-cross the braids from the left to the right and vice versa and secure
  • Braid the ponytail and make a bun (or pin hair up otherwise)
  • Enjoy for a week


Have you revisited any styles from your childhood since being on a hair journey?



5 comments :

  1. I put my hair into two pigtails to dry one day and my daughter told me that I looked like Minnie Mouse. I guess that's my cue that I'm too old for that style. Ha-ha!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I suppose it is! I'll still be rocking mine though lol

      Delete
  2. Wearing my hair in One makes me look so young already. But I used to wear my hair like yours back at skool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really in one? But then again that may be a good thing cuz who doesn't want to look young(er)?! lol
      Yeah this was a fairly popular one back then.

      Delete
  3. I accidentally deleted your comment Yvonne, but thanks lol

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?

share: