Saturday 12 July 2014

So Fresh & So Clean Clean - Washing n Refreshing my Senegalese Twists

Alright alright!
 
A few days ago (Thurs) I washed my twists and neatened them up and now I'm here to tell you how I did it.
 
 

The wash process was pretty similar to how I'd wash my own hair. I prepooed (yes! I prepooed my braids! lol) with VO5 strawberries and cream (love that stuff) + some oil. I think I did this the night before.
 
The next day when I got in the shower, I rinsed that out and then poured some Shea Moisture Moisture Retention shampoo into my palms and distributed that onto my scalp and a little on the braids and let it sit for about 3 minutes.
 
I then rinsed that from my hair and scalp and applied some LeKair cholesterol cream to the braids, covered with a shower cap (I say shower cap but I really mean a big ol' scandal bag lol), and have that sit while I did my thing in the shower.
 
After I finished up in the shower, I rinsed my hair and wrapped it up in a t-shirt - which did nothing for my dripping wet hair, I had to reach for a large towel.
 
So anyway, after my hair had been rid of the excess water, I proceeded to refresh the twists at my hairline. I used a method I saw in Journey to waist length's video. This method saw me using gel to twirl the twists (as if about to do a bantu knot). It got the job done and was pretty neat while I went out that afternoon.
 
 
 
 
However, I have 2 issues with this method:
  1. The hair has to stay pulled back or the twirl will loosen and become untidy again
  2. It doesn't stay neat for very long
With that said, today I went ahead and redid my hairline by removing the twists and twisting them up again. I think this is a better option for me and what I was looking for in terms of freshening up my style.
 
 
How do you cleanse and freshen your hair while in twists and braids?
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?

share: