Thursday 9 October 2014

My Current Oil Mix

I love oils!
If you have been reading this blog for even a short period you'd know I incorporate them a lot in my regimen. Today I am showing you the mix I created for sealing in moisture, scalp massages and adding to deep conditioners. This is also great as part of a skin care regimen.
 
 


Ingredients:

My carrier oils include; extra virgin coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, jojoba oil and castor oil.


carrier oils

 
The essential oils of choice are; tea tree, peppermint and lavender.


essential oils
 
 
 
I use a base of EVOO & EVCO, adding 2 tsps of both the jojoba and castor oil. Additionally, I add about 6 drops of each essential oil. This mix works very well in a healthy hair journey for the following reasons:
 
  • EVOO - moisturizing properties
  • EVCO - has an affinity to protein in the hair acting as a strengthener, great for both oily & dry scalp
  • Jojoba oil - moisturizes and strengthens hair fibres from the inside
  • Castor oil - thickens and conditions hair, treats the scalp, combats hair loss and stimulates growth
  • tea tree - anti-bacterial and anti-fungal
  • peppermint - stimulates the scalp
  • lavender - hair conditioner and scalp treatment
 

 
I store this mixture into either a spray bottle or a bottle with a small opening for easy application.
 
 
What's in your oil mix?
 
 
 
 

8 comments :

  1. I love this post. Do you sometimes mix all your oils into one container? I do. Mostly to get rid of too many bottles filling my closet :)

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Certainly! Especially when there's only a little left in each bottle lol

      Delete
  2. oils are very essential in our hair regimen i add grapeseed,evoo,evco,sweet almond,avocado and vegetable glycerine to my deep conditioners and i just love the way my hair feels afterwards.keep up the good work dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hairdiva! I wanted to add some grapeseed oil but I forgot to order it online and I can't find it here in Ja.

      Delete
  3. Yup yup! Oil mixes are awesome sauce! Mine makes my scalp all tingly and happy! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,my hair oil mix consist of olive,amla and onion oil,and they work great!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?

share: