Monday 1 December 2014

Straight Hair Update (Part 2) - Length Check & Trim

This is a follow up post to part 1, where I shared my recent flat iron experience with you.
In this post I show my current length, ends and my trim.

 

flat-ironed hair pre-trim (Nov 2014)
 
So after straightening I saw that I was badly in need of a trim. so I got my sister to do it for me. Instead of going for the straight across, blunt look, we went for the U-shaped trim.


post "U" shape trim

 
I was pleased with how it turned out, my sister did a good job. I got pretty even-looking ends without losing too much length. I could've taken off some more, but we'll save that for another time. I didn't have many split ends though, which is great.
 

 
In terms of my length, I'd say that trim left me at just about waist length (my waist is kinda high lol). Waist length is the mark that has taken me the longest to reach. Armpit, shoulder length and mid back were fairly easy. I think the culprit is the excess trimming I've been doing in the last 2 stretches. But that's fine, dead ends must go!
 
 
Having done this length check so close to the end of the year, I may very well not flat-iron again (or check the length), opting instead for fuller, more voluminous looks achieved by rollers and the like. My goal was WL by the end of 2014 and these pics were taken mid November, so I'd say I'm on track.
 
 
Have you straightened or got a trim recently?
Tell me about it below!
 
 

5 comments :

  1. U shaped hem lines are my absolute favorites! I'm totally in need of a trim too. I had a terrible detangling debacle a few weeks ago where I had to cut several large knots and I just know that it's probably ruined my hem line.

    You got this WL joint in the bag chica! Congrats!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hempline is lovely! I need to trim as well during my next relaxer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair, it's beautiful. I agree that WL is the hardest to get to, I've been BSL/MBL since the beginning of the year and I don't do lenght checks anymore as is de-motivating... Longing to be WL already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, I cut mine too, in stages I think I may be an Inch or so above WL now, :-( awwww, but it's all good, It'll grow back, I give myself till April - Birthday Month! hehehe. Happy New Years girlie! So sorry I couldn't link up with you in December, that was a whirlwind! I ended going with a simple top bun on the wedding day lol, as simple as they come. Hope alls well, big hugz! :-)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?

share: