Saturday 24 January 2015

My Meatlessness.

Going vegan is pretty high up on the priority list for 2015.
Now, this may come as a shock for those who know me, but I stopped eating meat mid November of last year.
 
 
 
I remember when Ebony of L4L went meatless for a month and I told her I couldn't do that because meat was my favorite food lol. But I suppose I knew deep down that it wasn't that good for me because I started a 'Meatless Mondays' shortly thereafter. Then one day my boyfriend's nephew and I were talking, and I was admiring him so much because not only was he an 18 yr old vegan, but he had been a vegan for most of his life. I was saying that it's very interesting and that if I had the willpower I'd do it too.
 
Holdup, wait, WHAT?
If I had the willpower?? Of course I do. And a few days later I gave up meat for a month.
It was only supposed to be until my birthday (Dec 19) or until Christmas, but when that time came, I just didn't crave it and I haven't had any meat since the first day I gave it up and I plan to keep it that way.
I still have fish about 2/3 times per week, but I intend to cut that down dramatically in the near future, and entirely by the end of the year.
 
 
What do I eat, you ask?
 

 
 
Well, I have been eating as per the RAW TILL 4 plan, created by Freelee the Banana girl on Youtube.
It sees me eating mostly fruit, with some vegetable until 4:00pm and a cooked meal thereafter. She has a vegan cooked meal, while I do a pesco-vegetarian (sometimes vegan) meal.
 
I feel so much better being meatless, oh yeah I don't have and dairy either, so my sinuses are so much better for it. I am still going through what they call a detox phase so all is not perfect, but I feel great and I'm not fiending for meat sooo, no need to reintroduce it into my diet.
 
I have been getting info from various sources, but mainly from Youtube. I'll leave you with a few videos to enlighten you about the dangers of animal products and the benefits of going vegan.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Of course the above will lead you to a plethora of other insightful videos. Enjoy.
 
 
 
Have you considered this route? Let me know your thoughts.
 
Ciao!
 
 

8 comments :

  1. I've thought about going vegan but I always say the same thing that you did about not having the will power. Maybe one of these days. Good luck with your transition! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I said that too, but somehow it's not that challenging for me.

      Delete
  2. Nice!! clean eating is awesome, I cant go vegan, no eggs or cheese? the horror, lol! But I fully support you on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I was such a big cheeser but then I was enlightened on what dairy does to the body. the horror! haha

      Delete
  3. Omg, its SO funny that you posted this (and I'm back to reading blogs again) because I was just saying "I'm really craving some Eggplant Parmesan." I haven't eaten regular pasta since then, always spaghetti squash and I just used the last of my meatless meat crumbles. Like you said, its amazing how little you do actually crave meat once you give it a try. I can't say I'll become a full vegan, but many of the habits I started during that month are still in effect now. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely sparked something in me way back so thank you! lol

      Delete
  4. way to go Abster! lol
    I tried going Vegetarian once but only made it to 2 weeks.
    I kept dreaming of meat. lol
    good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?

share: