Tuesday 12 May 2015

How I Prepped my Hair for Braids

Hey girls and gents!

Remember my new hairdo I shared with you a few days ago?
Well, I have the deets on how I prepared my hair for my salon visit.

I'll show you what I did from start to finish to ensure that my hair reaped the benefits of installing a protective style.

This includes shampooing, deep conditioning, stretching my texlaxed hair and styling (well, sort of lol).

Check out the video for the run down.

 
 
 
 
 
What do you do to your mane before a long-term protective style?
 
 

 

8 comments :

  1. How did I miss that you have a youtube channel??? I'm headed over to youtube to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fairly new. lol
      Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete
  2. I did NOT know you had a YT channel! I'm gonna sub right after commenting! It was so great placing your voice to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a newbie over there.
      Thanks so much for the love!!!

      Delete
  3. Gurl I am here LMAO at you using that tiny pack of DC to your whole head and asking WTH is wrong with me? I mix my DC in an 8oz container..sometimes full tot the top and always use the whole 8 ozs. Am I wasting my DC? Do i need an intervention for my heavy handedness? so many questions?? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha for the record I did add some oils and a bit of molasses to it to "stretch" it lol. But that's also why I did my DC in braids, it helps me get all the strands. lol

      Delete
  4. They did a fantastic job. Such a fun style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammy. I think so too. I really did enjoy it in.

      Delete

What are your thoughts?

share: